Prepare Your Office for a Hurricane
- Manually power your computers, servers, peripherals down and unplug from the wall.
- Secure computers and peripherals above flood height.
- Cover your powered off desktop or laptop with plastic in event of a roof leak.
- Kick off your backup solutions before hurricane hits your area.
- Secure your external backups at a different location.
- Whenever possible, limit cellphone calls during a hurricane to emergencies only.
- Bring insurance information with you and make sure you have a camera or a charged smartphone camera to document potential damages during cleanup.